Monday, October 24, 2011

Using PyAMF in the Google Application Engine (Python AMF gateway for Flash Player apps)

Just an update on a prior blog I wrote; I'm using PyAMF in my latest GAE project, and it's working quite successfully. I haven't put it into production yet, but I see no reason why it wouldn't proceed successfully.

PyAMF provides a Google module that makes integrating with a standard GAE startup class very easy. Adding and altering services is just a matter of adding an entry to the services object, and writing the class or method to back it. I use a command pattern, so my service entries look like { 'myservicename' : MyServiceNameClass.execute ( ) }

You can find more about PyAMF (AMF for Python) at their website, www.pyamf.com

As always, thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment