Friday, June 19, 2009

iPhone 3G S Unboxed, and some immediate things I noticed...

Here it is, in all it's shiny new glory. Time to upgrade from the OG (though I will keep it on as a developer device...it's still a perfectly good phone).

Some immediate things:

- Looks like WiFi settings don't roll over on a fully sync, I had to dig up two of my old wifi keys.
- Compass looks like it's subject to interference. I had it near a monitor and a wireless mouse, aside from that I can't see any powerful magnets or wireless devices that would cause undue interference.
- The home button doesn't "click" anymore, you just touch it. EDIT wrong...it was just sticky. It clicks.
- Initially, the Tekkeon "MyPower" battery/sleeve I bought, which worked fine with the iPhone OG and says it works for the 3GS on their website, reports "charging is not supported with this accessory" on the 3GS. Not good.
- The restore went VERY quickly; the 8mb from my OG iphone was done in about five minutes.
- It doesn't come with a little dock.
- The OG docks doesn't seem to fit.

Compass Fail:





Tekkeon Fail:





iPhone Unbox:




























No comments:

Post a Comment